I represent companies within the retail, restaurant and hospitality industries, including security companies, property management companies and fitness companies, handling all types of premises liability claims and litigation. I works closely with my clients to resolve matters in a cost effective manner. The cases I handle are generally within the areas of Premises Liability, General Tort Litigation, Security Law, Product Liability, Wrongful Death, Transportation Litigation, Property Subrogation and Appeals.
As a partner at the law firm of Bodell Bove LLC in Chicago, IL, I have extensive experience handling business disputes before suit, during discovery and motion practice, using all forms of alternative dispute resolution, as well as through trial and appeal. In addition to handling litigation, I assist clients with vendor contracts, employer’s liability issues and workers’ compensation lien recoveries. I also provide in-house counseling and training to retail, restaurant and hospitality clients regarding conceal-carry liability, premises liability issues, motion practice, claims handling and expert retention.
I am a graduate of DePaul University College of Law, earning a J.D./M.B.A. joint degree (1997) and Illinois State University, with a double major in International Business and Marketing (B.A, 1993). My educational background gives me a unique understanding of the issues facing my corporate clients and aides me in defending commercial litigation matters.
I am a member of the Illinois Bar and Federal Trial Bar and admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern and Central District of Illinois and the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals. I am an active member of DRI, with leadership roles in the Retail & Hospitality Committee, including being the vice-chair of the 2018 DRI Retail & Hospitality Litigation Seminar.
In addition to writing this blog, over the years I have authored multiple articles:
- “Violent Criminal Attacks – Preparation, Response & Action” – DRI In-House Quarterly, Winter 2019
- “Dram-Shop Laws and Beyond” – DRI For The Defense, July, 2019
- “Going On The Defensive – MGM takes proactive move to determine liability for Las Vegas mass shooting – but at what cost to its reputation?” – CLM Magazine, August, 2018
- “The Prejudicial Impact of Physician Liens on Personal Injury Litigation” – DRI In-House Defense Quarter, Spring 2018
- “Before and After a Violent Attack – How to be prepared and respond accordingly” – CLM Magazine, January, 2018
- “Formal Inspection Policies – Are They Worth It?” – DRI In-House Defense Quarterly, Oct. 2017
- “Are Formal Floor Inspections Worth It?” – CLM Magazine, Feb. 27, 2017
- “The Mediation Submission – Your Pretrial Closing Argument” – DRI – For The Defense Magazine, May 2015
- “Concealed Carry Laws & Liability” – Today’s General Counsel Magazine, Feb. 2015
- “To Post or Not to Post – The Impact of No-Gun Signs” – CLM Claims Management Magazine, Jan. 2015
- “The Danger of Security Manuals: How to Prevent Liability Instead of Create It” – IDC Quarterly – Magazine of the Illinois Assoc. of Defense Trial Counsel, Dec. 2014
- “How to Scrub Personal-Injury Fraud Clean” – Chicago Lawyer Magazine, Nov. 1, 2014
- “Don’t Let your Manual Be A Liability: The Danger of Security” – DRI In-House Quarterly, Aug. 2014
- 2004 through 2014, columnist for the IDC Quarterly, the magazine of the Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel, Recent Decisions column
- “What is Deliberate Indifference?” and “Medical Negligence and Deliberate Indifference – What is the Difference?”- CorrectCare in 2000.
In addition to writing, I have given multiple presentations and worked behind the scenes at multiple DRI Retail & Hospitality Seminars. In 2015 I spoke on security manual drafting and security staff hiring at the DRI Retail & Hospitality Seminar and I spoke about concealed and open carry issues facing the retail and restaurant industries at the Restaurant Loss Prevention & Security Association’s Annual Conference. I was also one of four presenters at a conference regarding data breach issues. Since 2014 I have also been traveling the country providing in-house CLE presentations regarding concealed and open carry laws, policy development and implementation.
I am AV® Preeminent 5.0 out of 5 Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
For more information about my background and practice, visit my LinkedIn page (http://www.linkedin.com/pub/stacy-d-fulco/2/8a7/2a1/) or firm website at www.bodellbove.com. For a summary of noteworthy cases I have handled, go to “Case Studies” listed above.
To speak with me directly, please contact me at #630/382-4804 or email@example.com.